Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Grungy mixed media layout!

Hey everyone!
I am excited to share my first layout with the awesome Scraps Of Darkness 'Boys will be Boys' kit!   
It is jammed pack full of awesome stuff that is perfect for the photos of my guys taken by my niece at Breautography!



The Blue Fern papers are perfect for this layout I wanted to create using a Stuck? sketch! I started by tearing the papers, then added a bit of texture by using a stencil and texture paste, and misting with the Lindy's Stamp Gang Sandra Dee Sepia Flat Fabios Mist from the color add on


in a previous kit was this wonderful Blue Fern Studios chipboard piece...I inked it and then added some Blue Fern Studios Sage Embossing Powder from the color add on.


I added the Papermania Denim Blue Metal Buttons from the elements add on along with some gears from a previous kit, the sequins from the main kit and some beads from my stash



 I added a heart doily from my stash that I misted and inked with the Lindy's Stamp Gang Sandra Dee Sepia Flat Fabios Mist from the color add on and some black mist from a previous kit.  I did the same technique to the arrow that I did the other blue fern chipboard.  I added my title and a chipboard heart from February's kit.




To create the bricks I covered a sheet of cardstock with texture paste, then red paint, then black mist.

here is the sketch I used



Thanks for stopping by
Laura
 





2 comments:

Laura Creates said...

Fabulous page, love your earthly colours and all your fabulous texture! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Gorgeous work! Amazing textures! Beautiful photo and page. Awesome background work, and the feathers are a perfect embellishment! So happy to have you playing with Stuck?! Sketches.