Monday, September 28, 2015

More from the SOD September kit!

Good morning!
Well its the day after my birthday and life goes on AND its a Monday!
I am not a fan of Mondays or mornings for that matter!
With the BOTH boys in high school we are up at 6am to get ready for the day - and since I am not a morning person 6am feels like its the middle of the night! lol!!!

Well I did some creating and have created some fun stuff I think with the awesome September Kit from Scraps Of Darkness 'Tanya's Industrial Odyssey'


This is our youngest and I just before his confirmation in the spring.  I can not believe how fast time has flown by since I became a mom!

I fussy cut all the corner flowers and clocks out of the gorgeous Marion Smith Timekeeper papers.


I did lots of layers under the photo of different Marion Smith Timekeeper papers.


I used a Blue Fern chipboard piece from a previous kit and the distress stain then the Heidi Swapp 'mustard' mist from previous kits.  I allowed them to dry, added a bit of the Lindys Stamp Gang Midnight Bronze and Scotch Butter Yellow embossing powders from the color add on.  I then added some crackle medium in spots. 


The cool metal piece at the bottom of the chipboard piece is a Prima Industrial Lighting piece from the Elements add on!
The flowers are some I bought at the store and sprayed with the mustard mist then inked and added some crackle medium!




here you can see all the details on the chipboard piece.


Here you can see all the layers under the photo and a doily I sprayed with the Lindys stamp gang mist from the color add on and the mustard one


I do not like seeing the white from the foam dots when I want to add dimension and I did not have any of the black ones so I used a bit of the brown mist on a paint brush to color the sides so they were not so noticeable!

I had lots of fun using the tags that were in the kit! 

Here is a quick little tip!  Keep some tags on your work station so when you use mists or inks on you can clean up some of the mists or inks from your craft mat with your tag.  you will always have fun colored tags



this one was fun - did not turn out as I planned but I still think its cool!
I had mopped up the yellow and brown mists after using them on the flowers and chipboard piece on my Time Flies layout with one of the kraft tags from the kit.
I then used the Rebecca Baer stencils and an embossing pad then the Lindy's Stamp Gang midnight bronze embossing powder from the color add on.  heat set it, added some crackle medium to sections.  To highlight the crackled parts I also dry brushed some gesso! then inked the edges!


This one was fun too!  I sprayed a tag with the mist from the color add on, then used a different part of the same stencil and embossed again!  I then brushed a bit of gesso, inked the edges, add some of the Renea Bouquets chunky glitter glass, Kaisercraft title sticker and a few Prima flowers from the floral add on.


My final tag I layered the Marion Smith papers and fussy cut the 'journey' from one of the papers!
I also mopped up the colors after using mists with a doily!
I love those feathers from Prima!


I inked the edges of the journey piece and inked the edges.  I also did a fine layer crackle medium to age it a bit!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: